General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 accord fuel delivery issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:39 PM

I agree that this is a possibility but usually there are some signs like stalling or hesitation of the engine as the fuel level reaches the leak, and none of this has ever happened prior to this event....the vehicle ran fine and then would not even start or begin to start......so I think that somehow the pump got stuck slightly and then putting gas in the vehicle somehow corrected this immediately...certainly very strange so I will carry gas around for the next month and if it happens again I will pull the pump and see what is what, even to the point or replacing it to see if that corrects the problem...and I will also tap on the pump area with a hammer if this happens again to see what works....thank you for the reply and your thoughts.....always appreciated....

Old 07-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

On my 94 EX I had a "sticky" pump which would randomly fail to engage. It took a while to confirm that I was getting voltage but no pump movement. I found that a temporary fix was "hammering" the pump w/ repeated on/off/on/off,.. of the keyswitch till I heard the pump start to run. When I heard the pump, car would start every time.

good luck

Old 07-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes you can get it to start by thumping the bottom of the gas tank with your fist, while someone tries to start it. Hopefully someone you trust so they don't run over your arms as you reach under the car...

Old 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Default Update

The problem has randomly occurred about once or twice a month since this thread was started....full tank or empty, cold or warm, doesn't seem to matter....when it does not start, it will take a few days of numerous attempts and then it will start...spark is to the plugs so the problem to me seems to be fuel delivery.....So I did what I have said I would never do....I took it to the local Honda dealership and gave them in writing a length description of the problem....after two full days of not hearing from them, I stopped in this morning and asked about what was up....the manager told me that until the problem actually occurs, there is nothing they can do.....Nothing appears wrong...I told them that when the problem occurs it will most likely be far a way and if towed to the dealership, the car would then probably start and nothing would be gained....While I understand their position, I am lost about what to do....sometimes it takes a week or more of regular attempts to get it started... on these occasions, ether will start the vehicle for a short period of time.......thank goodness that this does not happen more than twice a month but still it is a real inconvenience to have to call someone to pick me up and then arrange to go back on a regular basis to try and start it....any thoughts no matter how strange will be greatly appreciated!