General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 Accord LX - engine struggles when mildly warm

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by stewari
Thanks a lot Jim & Bob. It all makes little more sense now.

May be I messed some wiring back in Oct 2014 as I was installing antenna bypass FM modulator (iSimple IS31 Antenna Bypass FM Modulator at Amazon). I'm not 100% sure how much after CEL came on but it definitely has been on at least since early 2015 - iirc I did not disconnect battery before I started installing the modulator. I remember seeing a spark close to wires near the small digital clock above ac controls - light to digital clock went out after that, my wife says many of the lights behind the cabin climate control buttons also went out at the same - eventually most of those cabin climate control lights came back when I jumped some pins on climate control board to fix the problem on a/c button not working following instructions from one of the forum threads. Light to digital clock remains out as does the light behind vent open/close button. May be wiring to temp gauge got frayed also.

Anyways, I was thinking I won't get transmission leak fixed (I see only 3-4 drops show up on the garage floor in last 1 week) but I guess I'll let the mechanic take a look - he was saying it'll be depending on where leak is it'll cost either ~$400 or ~$1500 and that he can tell which of the two it might be once he puts car up.
The clock light being out is probably the bulb burned out. Both the 99 and 00 Accords I have here had burned out bulbs.