General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 V6: Front Engine Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2000 V6: Front Engine Mount?

The dealer says my front and right-side engine mounts are "broken." Rather than pay the $600 or so they want, I think I can do the job myself.

With regard to the front mount... it looks like a "genuine Honda" mount is well over $100 while an Anchor mount from RockAuto is around $43. The Anchor mount says, "Does Not Include Vacuum Line Fitting or Nut." Does that mean it is a solid mount that does not connect to the vacuum engine mount control system? If it does not, is it going to make a big difference?

Old 10-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

It likely means the mount is solid rubber and may be much stiffer than OEM. Effect will be lots more engine vibration at idle, but I don't know if it would be tolerable or not.

You may want to look at used parts; ebay primarily for this part.

This is not a trivial job on V6 engine. Rear mount may require lowering subframe to access. Forward mount is accessible, but difficult. See following excellent video. Remember, this is the easy one.

I would be sure the rear mount needs replacement by close inspection (if visible) while shifting to D & R and observing motion and looking for physical damage.

good luck

Old 10-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
It likely means the mount is solid rubber and may be much stiffer than OEM. Effect will be lots more engine vibration at idle, but I don't know if it would be tolerable or not.

You may want to look at used parts; ebay primarily for this part.

This is not a trivial job on V6 engine. Rear mount may require lowering subframe to access. Forward mount is accessible, but difficult. See following excellent video. Remember, this is the easy one.
I would be sure the rear mount needs replacement by close inspection (if visible) while shifting to D & R and observing motion and looking for physical damage.

good luck
Thanks for responding! Fortunately, the rear mount does not need replacing, just the front and right-side mounts. From what you said, I think I'll get the "genuine Honda" front mount and the generic Anchor side mount...