General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Accord LX brake problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 04:32 PM
darshansk8er
Unregistered
Default 2001 Accord LX brake problems

Hello I am new to this forum and I would like your guys expert opinions about my problem. Since May 2007, I have had to replace my front pads three different times. My brakes only last about three months and then they are shot. It is always my passenger side brakes that give me the most trouble. Now, Everytime I step on the brakes, a grinding noise or humming noise always comes from the passenger side brakes. Has anyone experienced this before or know what could be causing this problem. Are lifetime Duralast brakes crappy, should I just stick with honda pads. I have even taken My car to Honda and they said there is nothing wrong. Your thoughts about this problem would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 2001 Accord LX brake problems

How so are they "shot"? Like, completely worn down to the point where they screech? It sounds to me that either a) the caliper slide pins need to be greased and are becoming intermittently stuck or b) possible air in the braking system putting more force on the passenger side. As for the grinding noise, have the rotors been changed recently? I just put new rotors on my Accord and they have a slight grinding noise to them or the rotor could be worn out on the interior side only (witnessed first hand because of stuck slide pins), but I doubt the latter because the noise would be loud and Honda said nothing is wrong. I would ditch the Duralast pads and try going Honda OEM or something better. I haven't had issues with Raybestos or Quickstop pads either.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 AM
darshansk8er
Unregistered
Default RE: 2001 Accord LX brake problems

Hello, thanks a lot for replying. I took the wheel off today andnoticed that the brake pads still have a lot of life in them. When I took it to honda, I told them that it feels as if there is air in my linnes; they checked and said it was fine but then adjusted my back brakes to give more feel to the pedal. I got the rotors changed about six months ago. Could it possibly be a bad wheel bearing or something?