General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Accord, 4 cyl

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:58 PM
tom77
Unregistered
Default 2003 Accord, 4 cyl

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem: I bought at an auction a 2003 Accord that was submerged in fresh water. Of course, the main ECU was shorted and I replaced it with another one. Then I programed the new ECU, but.............the theft light on the dash is still blinking and I am not getting any spark. Can anybody tell me what might be the problem here????
Thanx

Old 01-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 2003 Accord, 4 cyl

Ignition may also be shorted.. what your going to want to do to fix this problem is get rid of the car as fast as your can. there are so many problems with the flood cars, and there will continually be more and more problems with it even if you fix this one. dont get your self buried, be smart about it, get out now.

lightshow

Old 01-21-2006, 02:34 AM
tom77
Unregistered

Thanx or the advice lightshow, bur I ahve to get the damn thing running before I can get anything for it. So, I have to solve this, but at the same time I dont trust the dealer to help me at all.Hope someone can give me any other hints on what to check .................

Thanx,

Tom

Old 01-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

well then that theft light would be the first thing i would address. if the car thinks its being stolen, that might be the reason its not starting up. theres a controle module, im not sure where it is, might be behind the glove box, you should ask desert he might know. if that is shorted out, it might not be reading the chip in your key, which would not allow your car to start. this could be from a short in the ignition harness the control box or at any point on the wires between the two. good luck. i dont think this is going to be an easy thing though. Before i was just really giving you my honest unbias advice. if you just cut ship right now, yea your gonna loose money on the deal but in the end, after possibly thousand in repairs you probably will come out even lower. and unless you wash the title (which you better not) if it has salvage on it noone for a million miles is going to want to buy it. take it to a dealership and trade it in. they seriously may give you 8 or 10k towards a new car. just tow it on in they dont care.

lightshow