General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Accord -a/c heat fan and code

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:38 PM
rkh3
Unregistered
Default 2003 Accord -a/c heat fan and code

The a/c and heater fan stopped working. Checked fuse, OK, When I scanned it I got the following error code:
PO603 Mod$09
PCM
Keep Memory Active
(KAM) ERROR

What is it and is it connected with the fan issue?

Old 08-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

You might have your battery and alternator checked. A failing alternator or battery might cause this problem. It is an "Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error". General instructions are to reset the ECM/PCM and see if error returns. If it returns, insure the latest software download from Honda is installed, and repeat. If it returns again, the ECM/PCM should be replaced.

AC and heater fan could be related, but more likely a separate problem unless bad power supply damaged the AC/Heater control unit.

good luck

Old 08-28-2009, 06:21 PM
rkh3
Unregistered

My experiance with cars does not go above 1987 (have a Grand National). How does one reset the ECM/PCM?
Also, if fuses are good, what would cause the a/c and heater fan to stop working? Are they on the same circuit?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

How did you get the code? Most code readers have capability to reset the ECM/PCM. I don't know if Autozone, et al will reset the unit for you. You can buy an inexpensive code reader/scanner w/ this capability for <$50-$75. Check ebay.

If you have manual AC/Heater controls, the blower switch provides ground path for both blower motor and AC system, so a bad blower switch would disable both.

A failed blower motor would disable blower, and no AC cooling since no air flow. The compressor may engage w/ a failed blower. A High pressure/Low pressure cut-out switch will prevent overloading of compressor.

Check blower connector for 12V when blower switch and keyswitch are ON. If you have 12v, the blower is bad. If no voltage in any position, the blower switch is bad.

Most likely a failed blower.

good luck

Old 02-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Cool 2003 honda accord v6 no air on a/c or heater

Originally Posted by rkh3
The a/c and heater fan stopped working. Checked fuse, OK, When I scanned it I got the following error code:
PO603 Mod$09
PCM
Keep Memory Active
(KAM) ERROR

What is it and is it connected with the fan issue?
2003 honda accord v6 4dr. no air comming out of a/c or heater : Solution
i just fixed my 2003 honda accord. i had the same problem, no air comming from my a/c & heater. it was the power transistor. it is located on the passenger side firewall. 1st take the panel off (under glove box) it is held by 2 clips. you can use an panel popper, flat screwdriver or just pull it down. at the firewall slightly to the left you will see a plug with 4 wires comming out of it. the transistor is held by 2 screws. unplug, and unscrew. ( you might need an angle screw driver, or tip.) i used a small drill and angled bit, with phillips tip. just pull transistor toward yourself once you have it unscrewed. replace part, and assemble in reverse order. ( you do not have to disconnect car battery). make sure you screw the new part in, and plug in, then turn car on and test a/c & heater. everything should work now. should take 10-20 min. to replace. part cost $70-85 (its a dealer item only).. make sure to call dealer to see if they have it in stock. mine did, but in some forums, they mentioned that they had to special order it.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by raiderromo34
part cost $70-85 (its a dealer item only)..
The blower resistor/transistor is available in the aftermarket. Call around and check prices, then make you decision.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:57 AM

i didnt know that they had after market power transistors for 2003 accord. i have bought a few after market products for other vehicles, and they dont quite fit right, i didnt even think to check for this part. i had to fix the car that day, wife drives it to work, and she nearly froze driving to work in the morning. so i couldnt wait to order the part online. i wonder if autozone, pep boys or chief auto parts has that part in stock. oh well, i bought it through my store at wholesale price so i didnt pay $70-85. i think i paid like $56.00 and no tax. so i scored either way.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

I had to check a while back for a neighbor, found a local store that could get it overnight. The cost was only 5~10 less than the dealer so they went to the dealer...I was only suggesting to everyone to check around.

Wow, Chief Auto...that brings back memories. I use to work for them many, many, many years ago....early 80's (?).