General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Accord Rear Brake Lights Out

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Default 2003 Accord Rear Brake Lights Out

I have a 2003 Honda Accord 4DR sedan with a spoiler. The brake light on the spoiler seems to be working fine but the one in the back window along with the two down by the reverse lights are not working. My horn is working which based on other things I've read tells me the fuse is not blown. I pulled out one of the bulbs and inspected it only to find that everything looked OK. I noticed that when I lock and unlock my car with the keyless device the light seems to light up which makes me think the wiring is OK too. I have not had a chance to test the cruise control just yet. I plan on doing that shortly. Based on all of this information does anyone have any suggestions of other things I should test to try and narrow down what the problem is?

Old 02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

If you have an OEM spoiler, the rear window brake light Should be disabled;
Because the spoiler brake light works I would believe the brake light switch is okay.
You might need to download a schematic and start doing point to point wire test.
I'd check first at the connections in the trunk while someone holds the brake pedal.
Has there been any recent work done that might have involved wiring?

When you lock the car the Running lights flash, not the brake lights

Old 02-16-2010, 08:34 AM

The cruise control is working just fine. Looks like I will have to start checking the wires. There has not been any work done and as far as I know it is an OEM spoiler. Is there a certain tool I should be using to test the wiring? Should I be paying attention to a particular color wire as I do my testing? Thanks for all of your help!