General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2007 Honda Accord EX Problem (Possibly Electrical)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Smile 2007 Honda Accord EX Problem (Possibly Electrical)

I have a 2007 Honda Accord EX. The other day I was leaving work and the car wouldn't start! It wasn't turning over or anything! All sorts of crazy things started to happen. That seat belt warning sound kept beeping, all the lights on the dash board lit up, you could hear the CDs moving in the CD player and the craziest part is when I took the key out of the dashboard all of this stuff still continued to happen. It's like the car was posessed or something. So I called the dealer and they said that I should reset it so he told me to stand outside and put the key on the lock and see if it locked or unlocked the doors but it wouldn't do anything and while I was doing this the beeping seat belt noise kept going off inside the car and he could hear it and he asked me if I was sure the key wasn't in the ignition and I assued him the keys were in my hand. He said that's weird and he coudn't figure it out so he said to have it towed to them. I called a tow truck and as I was waiting one of my co-workers came out and offered to give me a jump start. I didn't think it would work but I figured why not try. And sure enough it worked. So I drove to Autozone to have the battery tested and the reading kept going up & down but he said I don't need a new one. A couple days later I took it Sears to have the battery tested again and they too said it was fine. The guy tech told me that Honda has been having a lot of problems with their computers lately and that his parents both have Accords and had the same problem and they went to the dealer and they refreshed the computer. Has anyone ever heard of this? I don't know what to do. I haven't had any starting problems snce this incident but I don't want something to go wrong later as a result of this first incident. I'm going to the dealer for an oil change on Saturday so I plan to tell them about the problem I had but I feel like since the problem isn't there now they won't want to even look into it. Has anyone had this problem? Can you please offer me so advise?

Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Smile

Go to the dealer and see if they have a tech bulliten on that problem and also see if they have had a Honda recall on that same problem..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SunshineSharlene
... So I drove to Autozone to have the battery tested and the reading kept going up & down ...
Based on that, I'd check all the battery cables, both ends, for dirt, corrosion, or looseness.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:16 AM

So I went to the dealer to get my oil changed on Saturday and everything check out OK. They said considering the low mileage (16,000 miles) they didn't expect me to have any problems. I told them about the problem that I had when everything went crazy and they said they have never heard of that and that there is no tech bulletin on it. They said that my battery checked out fine. So now what do I do? Apparently I am the only one who has ever had this problem?!

Old 07-03-2009, 10:29 PM
silver07
Unregistered

I'm currently having the same problem but I took the battery out because it would just die after I jumped the car. I took the batter to have it tested but battery is reading that it's bad. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to get it replace since it's still under warranty. I was told to take the car in after I replaced the battery so that I could have the electrical system checked out

Old 07-03-2009, 10:38 PM

Will you keep me posted on how everything turn out after u have the electrical system tested?

Old 07-04-2009, 04:35 PM

Some times when your battery voltage drops it will make the electroincs do things like that.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:26 PM
silver07
Unregistered

Well I took the car to the dealer yesterday and was just a battery issue . Car is doing fine now