General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 Honda Accord ex vss issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Cool 91 Honda Accord ex vss issue

I just had my husband replace the vss with a new one and the speedometer works great....BUT..when I drove it to work the sensor light came back on(blinking) and then on to a solid green. A few seconds later the transmission kind of jerked and revved up and would not change gears/speed. The speedo still works great but the light remains a solid green. He was told to change the solenoid valve and he did, but the light did not go off although it did change gears when he test drove it(with the light still on). When he returned and switched off, then switched back on to move it the problem was back AGAIN, it would not change/shift speed..He was then told to change the box(don't know what it is called) but its under the passenger seat. And...he did with a new one and guess what folks......Yes u guessed it... the same result... I am seriously ready to push this car of mine in the trees and let the cutsue use it for its ornamental purpose.... Someone, anyone, and everyone please help me....

Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb Hi New Member

Sorry to tell you but this doesn't go in this forum..it goes in the one your now reading this in..

Help is on the way when it's in the right forum...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 10-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

What light is coming on when you are driving?

You should short the service connector and find out what code(s) are stored.

Only then, will we be able to tell you what problem the transmission and or the engine computer is detecting.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:31 PM

Thanx and sorry with the mistake. I will get those codes ASAP and get back with you..

Old 10-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Thumbs up PAhonda

The only light that is on is the S(sensor?) and its solid green. No other lights has came on yet.....

Old 10-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

The "S" lamp is for the automatic transmission "SPORT" mode (comes on when you press the SPORT button). But when it comes on by itself, or flashes, it's kinda like a check-engine light for the tranny.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Question checked S light

When I cranked the car, I clicked the sport button in and the S light went off for 15 seconds( I clicked it in and out to check it)this was done while still in park. As soon as I put it in drive it came right back on(solid light). There was a few short clicking sounds from the gear shift and we took it down the road but the transmission would not change. The last time we did this(above topic) it changed automatically while the light was a solid green. We switched it off and switched it back on and it started again(would not change). We manually did it by hand(1,2,3 gear and it changed then and then quite regardless of what gear we put it in). What else can we do...... Do you think the fluid need to be changed or is there to much fluid would it cause a problem. Sometimes its hard to pull the gear shift out of park(with the brakes pressed down) , its also hard to put the gear shift in park.....Waiting on response.......

Old 10-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Default Forgot to mention

The speedometer is still working great....Its just the other issues now that I have mention above... Thanks to all that is helping us....

Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

The S light blinking means that the transmission computer detected a problem.

There is a blue two pin connector behind the passenger's side kick panel. Short that connector with a thin paper clip or a piece of wire. Pull back the passenger carpet and find the LED on the TCU. Turn the key to the II position. Count the LED flashes.

It will flash a code. Long blink = 10, short blink = 1. So L S S S = 13. Post the code that you find on here.

See http://techauto.awardspace.com/dtc.html

Old 10-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Default I will get back with you....

Its raining pretty hard today so I can't go out to check this. Forecast is looking better for tomorrow and if it is..... I will do this and get back with the results.... Thanx much..................