General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 accord fuel line problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 92 accord fuel line problem

So, my car had a slight leak in the fuel line leading from the pump (above the tank) to the engine. I brought it in to get it fixed somewhere and they did a patch up job by spicing in a piece of tube. It lasted about 2 weeks before completely blowing out making the car un-drivable. After not receiving a call back from the original mechanic I had the car towed to a new place that a friend referred me to. They said in order to be able to fix it the tank would need to be dropped to get to the line to replace it. They apparently were unable to remove the retaining bolts on the metal pieces that hold the tank in. One of them was stuck and they could not remove it and the other bolt apparently would just spin (due to rust?). They said it's unrepairable and spliced in a piece of tubing for the time being, but said the car is not safe to drive and suggested I have it towed from there.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm pretty upset, because the car ran great and only has about 150,000 miles on it. Is this just a complete loss? and can I even legally sell it anymore? If anyone has any advice it would be great. I really liked that car. Out of the three cars I have owned it was my favorite by far... :/