General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

92 Accord tranny help

Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Default 92 Accord tranny help

Hey everyone ive got a little problem with my car.
It happened all of a sudden is whats weird, i drove my car to let a guy look at it, (prospective buyer) and it drove fine. drove it home and parked it for a few hours. then started it, went to the store just fine. this was the kicker, started the car and it was like stuck in second gear. ive been looking around on whats happening and my D4 light since i bought the car has never come on. i just figured my cluster was messed up and never thought any of it. its weird cause it was all of a sudden and just after it drove fine.

Anyone have input or experienced the same thing? And if so what did you do to fix it? and as i said before, the D4 light has never come on in my car. but i need help cause i want to sell my car and get another accord!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

See DIY forum for procedure to access obd1 codes. Trans codes are same procedure however D4 light will flash any codes. Some trans codes don't set the D4 light flashing so check anyway.

Has ATF been changed frequently? If not, suggest at least one ATF drain/replace w/ Honda ATF.

Stuck in 2nd gear is one symptom of failed Trans Control Unit. Usually accompanied by some clicking noise from relays under the dash and D4 light on steady. It is an intermittent problem and may disappear on restart.

good luck