General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'93 Honda Accord won't start.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Default RE: '93 Honda Accord won't start.......

Ok, I have already checked that there is fuel to the fuel rail by loosening the banjo nut on the fuel rail and there was definitely fuel being sprayed out. Im not too sure about this butterfly thing but I'm sure I can manage to figure it out. Ive checked all the fuses. In both boxes under the hood and under the dash. My brother is coming over tomorrow morning so we're going to check all this ****e then. Also I can hear something turn on (assuming it's the fuel pump) when turning the key to the on position. I've mentioned this in a previous post along with the progression of "clicks" i've heard when turning the key to the on position and also when cranking the engine.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: whereiszack

. I've mentioned this in a previous post along with the progression of "clicks" i've heard when turning the key to the on position and also when cranking the engine.
if you hear repeated clicks,, could be a real weak battery,,(I cannot remember if you said that the battery was ok .. is it ?? ) OR the alarm system

Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM

Ok, here's my post about the clicks. And the battery is fine. I recharge it now and again.

[quote]ORIGINAL: whereiszack

So I listened to the clicks and watched the idiot lights when turning the key on. When the key is turned to On I get a click. Then I hear a noise (im assuming is the fuel pump coming on) then a few seconds later another click happens and the following idiot lights turn out: D4, Check Engine, SRS, and door ajar/brake lamp lights. When attempting to start the engine, I get an initial click, and then another click sounding like an "off" click and then another click as i let the key go back to rest since the engine doesnt start.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:43 PM

WOOHOO!!! YEsterday I was working on the car and tried getting an error code by jumpering the computer terminal and reading the check engine light for codes and got none. I pulled the spark plugs and tested tfor spark. Got a weak yellow spark. They looked pretty ugly so i decided that I would replace them today. I also broke the postive battery cable terminal so I had to get a new one of those and cut th old one off. There was a serious amount of corosion in the cable so i cleanbed it as best I could, installed the new terminal end and installed the four new spark plugs with some silicone conducer goo and Bam she started right up. So it was either a really coroded battery cable or the spark plugs. I have a friend who has a 92 accord and hers blew all four spark plugs at once on a random event and she replaced them and the car worked fine. Thanks a hell of a t for all your help guys. Im going to go out and drive my baby I really hope this forum helps some other people with this very frustrating problem.
Peace
Zack

Old 08-11-2008, 01:30 AM

So the car has now stopped working once again with the same problem. I crank the starter and it turns but never fires. I have not e not checked for spark though i did immediately replace the spark plugs which had oil on some of them (leaking gasket) and dark residue so I obviously have some issues there. Any more thooughts on what the problem could be? There was no particular incident, it just stopped firing again.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:05 PM

Ok....So I went over the repair manifests from the car (since luckily my dad kept them all) and noticed that the distributor cap and rotoir was changed every year to yeasr and a half. Recently a 92 accord came available to me for parts so i took the cap and rotor and put it on my car and VROOM!! Easy Fix.