General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 accord ex severe clicking in reverse!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Default 94 accord ex severe clicking in reverse!

My daughter made contact with a large curb (she litterally is still wearing the concrete dust under her car). It is making a very loud clicking when in reverse. Is it the tranny? Or could it be something else. The D4 has been blinking on this car from the get-go even after the new used transmission was installed. (my son cracked the housing on the original while putting in a new motor). We had changed the sensor and ecu but the light persisted, however it shifted fine. The maintence light came on about a week before the above incident and she had the oil changed. The tech said she had a slight oil leak but didnt say where. I feel the clicking is form the curb, could it have damaged the transmission? It seems at times it has a jerk also while in reverse. I dont want to put another transmission in this.

My daughter just confessed and here it is, she posted this to try to get some help.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2740667

Last edited by netlace; 03-17-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: new information
Old 03-18-2010, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

If the clicking is only happening in reverse, then something can be messed up with reverse in the transmission. Also, the rear motor mount can make noises that you would notice in reverse, so check out all of the motor mounts.

I would inspect the CV joints, since you hear clicking. I would think that the clicking would happen in drive as well.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
If the clicking is only happening in reverse, then something can be messed up with reverse in the transmission. Also, the rear motor mount can make noises that you would notice in reverse, so check out all of the motor mounts.

I would inspect the CV joints, since you hear clicking. I would think that the clicking would happen in drive as well.
The car was going normal in both directions, other than the noise. Today (mechanic came to check it) it is not going into forward or reverse at all. The axels are not engaging. After alot of reving it would on occasion engage with a loud clunk. ???