General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 accord 2.2 a/c problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Default 95 accord 2.2 a/c problem

I have this accord 2.2 lx ,the a/c compressor clutch welded itself togther and locked up the engine.I replaced the compressor and clutch as well as the reciever drier,when I went to charge the freon the compressor would not kick on,I jumped the pressure switch and clutch would not engage.I ran a jumper wire to the clutch,so i could charge the a/c system,a/c works great with the clutch hard wired,but I know I will destroy something wired for a long time like that.I have checked the fuses inside the kick panel and all are good.When I turn on the A/C button only the passenger side fan comes on.I have driven the car many miles to get it hot to see if the other fan comes on and it never has,I have also jumped it to make sure it works and it works fine.The wiring to the relays were in bad shape so I cut out the bad parts and replaced them,I replaced both relays next to the radiator and still have no a/c clutch or fan.I have jumped the wires to the pressure switch next to the receiver dryer while engine running and a/c on,with no luck......ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Last edited by robelp; 07-06-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Newest Of Newbies

So your saying the A/C clutch doesn't engage mate? Hm......
If that is your problem, you might check the throttle control thing, I don't know what it is called, but some cars have a switch or something that turns OFF the clutch when you press the gas pretty hard. Maybe that is jammed or something? I'm not sure about the details about that switch. Did you check the Relay?

Also, about the fan, are you talking about the fan inside the engine compartment for the radiators? If it's not running, tap the back of the motor housing, and if it makes any noise or moves, it is time to replace it.

Hope this helps

Old 07-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Get a volt meter. Start the car and turn on the a/c. See if the red wire that plugs into to the compressor has 12V.

Unplug the fan that is not working. Check that there is 12V going to that fan connector.

If it has 12V, replace the fan.

If there is no voltage, then suspect a relay problem. The passenger side fan is called the radiator fan. That relay for that fan is in the fuse box under the hood.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Also with the volt meter check the resistance of the motor, or really the connections, if it is like insane, replace the wire