General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'95 Accord LX Clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Default '95 Accord LX Clutch problem

Hello all! I have a question. Just bought this car 3 weeks ago and am loving it. Yesterday when I went to start the car,(after driving all day, stopping and starting, delivery service) I depressed the clutch all the way to the floor, turned the key (it was hard at first) car started and no radio or fan, and I was getting a noise that sounded like a grating noise then it went to like an electric fan noise. I let up on the pedal and the noise went away. I depressed the clutch and the noise returned. It went into gear easily and downshifted easily. Took it to my mechanic and the problem would not replicate itself. The master brake cylinder was low on fluid and the little reservoir next to it was empty. Filled both with DOT 3 brake fluid. Drove it home and no noises. Got up this morning and got the same noise back again with clutch depressed all the way to the floor, a grinding noise that fades away then an electric fan noise that goes away after releasing pedal. Any ideas?

Old 11-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

The noise could be your clutch throw-out bearing. Since the action of the clutch seems OK, I think the fluid was not low-enough to hurt. (The little reservoir next to the brake MC is clutch-fluid.)

You could bleed the brakes & clutch to get fresh fluid in there, but I don't think that's gonna fix the noise. Replacing the throw-out bearing requires removing the transmission; so you might as well get a new clutch disk, etc.