General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 Accord LX sunroof problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 PM
longpatch
Unregistered
Default 95 Accord LX sunroof problems

My first post!
I recently bought a 95 LX coupe with a broken sunroof (moonroof?) mechanism. I have determined that there are 2 problems which I think are unrelated.

1. Looking from above with the glass removed, I see a rectangular moving part which rides back and forthin the track, and that part is missing a tiny, free-floating piece whose motion is up and down. It obviously is meant to guide the glass allow it to drop into place at the proper point in the travel. But the tiny, free-floating piece is clearly broken. So I need to know the best way to disassemble the moving parts and replace them with new/used parts.

2. As I was investigating Problem 1, I noticed that, although the motor runs forward and reverse just fine, it does not alway make mechanical connection with the moving parts in the track. If I peer down between the headliner and the roof, I see the motor itself has become unbolted from the roof. One of the bolts is hanging completely loose. I have removed the entire headliner, but there is still no obvious way to get to the motor. It is blocked from below by a wide, plastic "ring" which runs the entire circumference of the opening inside the car. That "ring" appears to be fastened to the greater sunroof assembly by 4 rivets. Rivets! I can't believe there is no way to get to the motor. Help!

Sorry for the long post. Just trying to be very descriptive.

thanks so much to anyone who can help.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 95 Accord LX sunroof problems

In the DIY section there is a link for ACC 5th gen. Go to that page and click on Body. The procedure is on page 20-44.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

are you sure its not an EX? LX's didnt come with sunroofs, EXes did. If it IS an LX, it may be aftermarket. try finding out what company its from and call them.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:40 AM
longpatch
Unregistered

PAHonda, thanks for the website. I've bookmarked it.

nafango2, you were right. The badge on the trunk says LX. After I posted yesterday, I proceeded to remove the headliner (!). One thing was glaring....NO DRAINS. I suppose that confirms an aftermarket sunroof, correct?

Suppose, since it's aftermarket, I wanted to tearthe sunroofout and start over. Any recommendations on where to shop for another sunroof?

(I just want to say thanks to both of you, by the way. I really appreciate the advice)