General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 Accord No Heat, already tried a few things

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Chgoaccordguy
Unregistered
Default RE: 95 Accord No Heat, already tried a few things

Thanks for the help and it looks like my problem is solved.
To anyone else with a similar problem there is one cable that goes from the **** to the bellcrank assy under the dash which opens and closes a door which in turn diverts air through the heater core, or around it. On the end of the bellcrank there is another cable which opens and closes the heater valve.

It looks like the root of my problem is thatthe heater valve is hard to open and closeand needs to be replaced. The force needed toovercome the sticky heater valveultimatly causes the **** to break.When the heater valve is disconnected the **** turns very easily. I will leave the heater valve disconnected from the control cable until I have time to replace it.

Now on to the other little problems

Old 05-19-2013, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tony1M
Before starting car, make sure theheatercoolant valve is indeedopen. Then start the car and let it warm up fully.

Touch both heater-corecoolant lines (inlet and outlet) and see if they are about as hot as the big rad lines. (Better-still, if you've got a surface thermometer, or one of those hand-held "laser" infrared thermometers, measure the temp of those lines for comparison.)

With thedash gauge indicatingnormal operating temp, if the heater-core coolant valve is open, and all thosehosetemperatures are about the same, read this thread for another possible cause of little or no cabin heat:
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/Cau...m_45686/tm.htm
What if both hoses are not hot?

Old 05-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Does the cable move in the heater control valve?