General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

96 Accord w/ Power Locks, no keyless...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 PM
BigE
Unregistered
Default 96 Accord w/ Power Locks, no keyless...

I've searched the forums, but I haven't seen a response to my particular question...

I've got a 96 Accord LX. Power locks, but no OEM keyless entry. I've bought a remote start/keyless combo, but I can't seem to find the proper inputs for the door locks!

All the info I've seen says it should be an Orange wire and Black/White wire in the grey connector above the driver's kickpanel fusebox, with blue tape on the harness. I found that harness, but I just found one orange wire which doesn't doesn't go high (12v) or low (gnd) with lock/unlock actuation. There is no black/white wire.... but there is a white/black one!? Am I missing a harness (very hard to see up in there)???

Any help? I'm to the point where I'm going to have to start tearing out the kick panel components and manually tracing the wires out of the drivers' door... which I really do NOT want to do.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Default RE: 96 Accord w/ Power Locks, no keyless...

Open the door and look inbetween the door and the frame of the car where the wires pass through, they should be covered by something, open that up or peel it back (carefully so you can put it back together) and see which wires are running into that compartment.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:31 AM
BigE
Unregistered
Default Followup - RE: 96 Accord w/ Power Locks, no keyless...

Well! After pulling the boot back in the drivers' doorjamb, I did verify the orange and black/white wires were present, so I confirmed I wasn't losing my marbles.

THEN, after much contorting and swearing, I was able to get into the 'fat' main harness above the drivers kick-panel and start looking for those same wires (that harness approximated where the doorjamb connectors come into the passenger compartment). I did notice that the harness seemed 'newer' than the others up in there... lo and behold, there was a black/white and orange wire in there, already with electrical tape along portions of it!

It appears a previous owner had an alarm installed! When it was removed, the shop must have re-done that cable cover and tape. VERY good job - but it did throw me for a loop.

Long story short, keyless and remote start work swimmingly now! [sm=happy046.gif]