General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 Accord EXR Interrior Power locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:54 AM
Default 97 Accord EXR Interrior Power locks

When i hit the lock button on the drivers door panel, the drivers door only will not lock. I think it has something to do with a feature to not let you lock your keys in your vehicle. I dont have an owners manual so i dont know how to change it or if i even can change it at all. Its really annoyiing though because i have to get out of the car and then manually lock the car from the outside with the key.
I know the power locks do work though because when i hit the lock button from the passenger side then the drivers door will lock. I just bought this car and it neve came with a key Fob so i dont know if this car was ever equiped with keyless entry or not. If anyone knows i would also like to know if since it has a power locks system, can i purchase a key fob and get keyless entry?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jim MacPhee
When i hit the lock button on the drivers door panel, the drivers door only will not lock. I think it has something to do with a feature to not let you lock your keys in your vehicle. I dont have an owners manual so i dont know how to change it or if i even can change it at all. Its really annoyiing though because i have to get out of the car and then manually lock the car from the outside with the key.
I know the power locks do work though because when i hit the lock button from the passenger side then the drivers door will lock. I just bought this car and it neve came with a key Fob so i dont know if this car was ever equiped with keyless entry or not. If anyone knows i would also like to know if since it has a power locks system, can i purchase a key fob and get keyless entry?
I don't know what an EXR is, but to the best of my knowledge, all 1997 Accord EX models sold here in North America came from the factory with remote keyless entry.