General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord EXR Transmissin Slip

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Default Accord EXR Transmissin Slip

Hi there, I just bought this car and there seems to be a slip in the transmission. It mainly seems to happen when my im in between 1st and 2nd. Especially if im going around a corner to turn onto a street.
When im slowing down to take the turn and the car goes down into 1st and then when i go to accelerate out of the turn it then will slip into neutral and i have to take my foot off the gas and then it will catch after that. Sometimes this happens even when im not going around a turn. I can be just pulling up to a stop light and breaking and then the light goes green and when i hit the gas it will sometimes slip into neutral when going into 2nd. I seem to be able to control it so as to not break anything but im affraid this is going to lead to a big problem and possibly have to put a new tranny in the car which is a big job obviously.
So i guess my question is, does anybody know what could be causing this? Is it something that i could have repaired? Is it an expensive job? Also if i try and drive it easy and be sure to go easy on it when it slips and drive it the way i have been is it something that is going to be okay or is it just going to get worse and worse?

Thanks

Old 04-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Low transmission fluid level?

Old 04-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

What year Accord is this EXR?

Some years have an adjustable throttle position cable that can be adjusted to affect shift quality. It may be helpful to check that the adjustment meets specification. I see from other posts this is a 97 EXR which is adjustable.

Agree w/ Shipo that fluid level could be a fault.

If fliuid has not been changed recently a drain/refill w/ Honda ATF may help.

good luck