General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Accord starting probs

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 AM

hi guys, I am also having some weird starting problems with my 98 accord 2 door ex 4 cyclinder motor with standard transmission. Just like carb_67 said about the car being able to start on different times of day. So usually this problem only occurs when after letting the car sit overnight outside. In the morning when I try to start the car it just clicks no turnover every time I try to turn the key, and maybe after 6 or 7 tries it starts. But for the rest of the day no problems when I try to start it up again.

Whats bazaar is last night before meeting up with buddies leaving my place i start the car and it had some troubles starting itself and after it made this humming sound while the motor was on. I tried turning off the car and the car would try to turn itself off but really it was still running making the humming noise and kinda jittering itself tyring to turn itself off. I freaked out when this happened because I have never seen this happen before to any cars i have ever driven. So then I turned the keys back to on position the cars engine starts to run normally with the humming sound still goin and about 2 to 3 mins of just letting it run the humming sound disappeared. And now everytime I start or turn off the car, its like its back to normal again.

Anybody know what this problem might be?