General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 accord installed radio and no dash light

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 05:27 PM
burntmushu
Unregistered
Default 99 accord installed radio and no dash light

i've searched forums for days now. alot of people seemed to have run into this problem but no ones followed up with what the actual problem was and how they fixed it. someone mentioned recalls but my vehicles been taken into the dealer and the recalls have been taken care of before i got the car. i've installed an aftermarket radio and since there are no dashlights coming on. i've checked the fuses and they are okay. i've taken the dash out to check the bulbs and they are fine too. my clock and ac control also die out when i turn the headlight on. when the headlights are off they light up but when i turn on the headlights they die off. anyone have any solutions as to what the problems is? i know it' b/c of the orange wire that wasn't suppose to be connected. i need some help to as what the solution of fixing this is.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:41 PM
ayadov
Unregistered
Default 1998 accord

I have the same issue like you and I am not able to find the answer, did you fix that?

Old 01-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

If this happened with the radio install I would be looking at the wire in the radio harness that brightens the lights in the radio when the headlights are turned on. I don’t know if this wire has fuse pretection. You may have this wire grounded.