General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord heater suddenly stops/starts

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:16 PM
Default Accord heater suddenly stops/starts

Hello I have a 2011 accord that has just developed 2 problems. 1 The heater will just suddenly stop working and then will not respond to the controls. It will then spontaneously restart. . The second issue is the windshield wipers will randomly stop and not respond. The only change I can think of that might be contributing is I had a car audio place install a Viper Auto start but that was at least three weeks ago and these issues have not manifested until yesterday.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

By "heater" do you mean the heater blower motor starts/stops randomly? This can frequently be an indicator of worn out brushes in the motor. Fix is to replace the blower motor.

Windshield wipers being intermittent can be caused by stem switch problems. Diagnostics required to isolate. If problem is intermittent, it may be better to wait for problem to be continuously present.

It is possible that Viper alarm installation could be at fault, but seem less likely. They usually interupt ignition and/or fuel pump to prevent starting. Circuits for blower and windshield wipers should not be impacted,...if instalation was done correctly.

good luck

Old 01-31-2015, 07:08 PM

Update on the Heater blower and windshield wipers randomly stopping. After scratching my head and crawling around this car for days , I elicited help from a friend who works at a automotive repair shop. He took the Vin number and did an internet search that lead to a possible cause. The problem ended up being a loose common ground wire, underneath the left front number. There is a small 10 mm bolt that both the wipers and the heater blower is grounded with. I was able to tighten the bolt and both problems are now solved.