General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Advice on replacing door

Old 03-06-2008, 10:01 PM
LittleAccord
Unregistered
Default Advice on replacing door

Hey everyone!

just a need some advice - I was side swiped by another car while on the road. It was a switch lane sorta ordeal, but the other driver hit and ran and now I'm stuck with a huge dent on my back driver door[:@]. Well, I'm looking for several options for fixing it so my accord won't look like a hooptie. I found that door skins are cheap but require professional installer. Now I haven't contacted any in my area but would anyone know if installers would install door skins or is this something you have to do yourself? Personally, I don't have the skills to do that. Second, I was thinking about going to the salvage yard and finding a replacement door. And if I can't find any, my last option would be to bring it to a body shop which will probably run me >$1k and would prob be just lots of bondo and new paint. Well, my last last resort is to drive it the way it is and hope it'll pass inspections. Although this would bring a tear to my eye when I see it every morning...

Now I'm not sure if anyone's been through this situation before, hopefully not, but any recommendation as to what I should do? I dont' wanna spend lots of money. I'm in college. Tuition is costing me an arm and a leg, let alone a new door......

oh yeah, if this helps, all power windows, door locks, lights, etc still works