General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Aftermarket????

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Default Aftermarket????

Ok guys, here's whats up. I'm new to Hondas. I've been a domestics guy my whole life, and still am. Right now my summer car is a built/supercharged 03 mustang. My girlfriend had a 1994 LX and killed the engine due to lack of maitenance. Now the exterior and interior are in great shape so I took the car and am having a JDM F22B DOHC motor swapped in so i can use it as a daily driver/winter driver.

I've had a really hard time finding aftermarket parts other than no-name 'ebay-brand' parts. I dont want to build a race car, but improving a few things like suspension and maybe intake/exhaust would be in the cards. I've had a hard time figuring out what parts to use considering the engine i'm putting in came out of a JDM prelude. I was told to look for parts off of an H23a...but the few things i've found list te h23a as a vtec motor......will a header for a vtec h23 fit a JDM non vtec f22b dohc?!?!

I'm very confused....sourcing quality parts for my mustang and truck are a lot easier than it has been for me finding parts for this car.

Here's what I'm looking for...please recommend quality brands and online distributers!
Cold Air/Ram Air Intake
Throttle Body
Ported Intake Manifold (if they make em)
Good header...to fit a JDM f22 engine but fit in a USDM 94 accord
Good exhaust....not a fart can either lol

Disc break conversions?
Lowering springs - preferably no more than 1.5" lower
shocks/struts

I just want to make the car handle better and perform a little quicker. I dont want it to be overly loud and obnoxious...just tastefully done....any advice would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-20-2007, 01:13 AM
Default RE: Aftermarket????

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

Ok guys, here's whats up. I'm new to Hondas. I've been a domestics guy my whole life, and still am. Right now my summer car is a built/supercharged 03 mustang. My girlfriend had a 1994 LX and killed the engine due to lack of maitenance. Now the exterior and interior are in great shape so I took the car and am having a JDM F22B DOHC motor swapped in so i can use it as a daily driver/winter driver.

I've had a really hard time finding aftermarket parts other than no-name 'ebay-brand' parts. I dont want to build a race car, but improving a few things like suspension and maybe intake/exhaust would be in the cards. I've had a hard time figuring out what parts to use considering the engine i'm putting in came out of a JDM prelude. I was told to look for parts off of an H23a...but the few things i've found list te h23a as a vtec motor......will a header for a vtec h23 fit a JDM non vtec f22b dohc?!?!

I'm very confused....sourcing quality parts for my mustang and truck are a lot easier than it has been for me finding parts for this car.

Here's what I'm looking for...please recommend quality brands and online distributers!
Cold Air/Ram Air Intake
Throttle Body

Disc break conversions?
shocks/struts

I just want to make the car handle better and perform a little quicker. I dont want it to be overly loud and obnoxious...just tastefully done....any advice would be greatly appreciated
Struts.....these are all strut cars...front and rear. Several of the members here have all different types of setup but the preferred is a coilover system...obvious increase in cost if you get a coilover/strut assembly.....but best designed. Seems like another preferred is a koni strut/spring set (eibach, Cround Control...etc Springs) and some what cheaper alternative.

I am curious why you are not doing the H22 motor swap instead? Its a pretty common thing, motors are easy to find (to a degree anyways) and you can boost, add just about anything and can EASILY find parts. Just curious mostly. Can find all the parts you are asking about for the H22 motor without alot of work.

shoot up some pics as the car progresses along. Would really like to see it as it becomes

Old 11-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Aftermarket????

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

Cold Air/Ram Air Intake
Throttle Body

Disc break conversions?
shocks/struts

All these items are easy to find, with plenty of information on them.

The hardest mod you have there is the disc break conversion.. I'm assuming you mean to convert the rear from drum to disc.. IF that's the case, I've read a few threads where a guy was going to try and take the disc setup from a junked car... don't know of any status.

as for the CAI/SRI, you can get a decent CAI for dirt cheap on eBay... it's just a pipe!!!!!! just be sure to get a good filter.
as for SRI, the brand of choice is usually AEM, with a few Fujita fans. I personally prefer the CAI, but that's another discussion (see my link collection for a CAI vs SRI link)

AFAIK, headers are said to have little use for upgrading on the Accords, but this also can start another discussion.. Most people will tell you that you lose low-end torque, but gain the high-end.. If that's what you want, then i've heard OBX is ok, I've also heard they suck.. DC Sports is also a good brand, but at a higher price. I almost went with a header off ebay.. they looked damn near identical, and were stainless steel.. only concern would have been the gaskets that came with it that i know of.

exhaust.. again, can lead to arguments... but i love my GReddy SP2...

struts... I have an Eibach + Koni setup, and love it.. the Koni yellows are adjustable, so they're great... Do a lookup in the offtopic forum for a post i wrote about a group buy (there's a deal for 31% off for non-group-buyers)

ehhhh lets see.. i think i touched almost everything.. i don't know about a throttle body or the ported intake..

good luck!

Old 11-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member