General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any DIY or instructions for changing transmission fuild on 2003 manual Accord?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Any DIY or instructions for changing transmission fuild on 2003 manual Accord?

Hi Guys,
Is there any DIY or instructions for changing the transmission fuild on a 2003 manual Accord? My 2003 Accord with 80k miles starts being rough when changing gear particularly when cold.
Thanks
Al

Old 11-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Administrator
Talking Hi Member

Did you try doing a Search on the subject in the search area yet..Try it 1st...

And here's your state flag as a present...Enjoy

Attached Thumbnails Any DIY or instructions for changing transmission fuild on 2003 manual Accord?-northcarolinaflag.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't find one, so I just wrote one...

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...d.php?p=189206
Unfortunately, the parts drawings don't have a clear view of the fill & drain plugs.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by JimBlake
I didn't find one, so I just wrote one...

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...d.php?p=189206
Unfortunately, the parts drawings don't have a clear view of the fill & drain plugs.
Thanks Jim, exactly what I was looking for.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Did you try doing a Search on the subject in the search area yet..Try it 1st...

And here's your state flag as a present...Enjoy
I did search the subject first yes and found nothing on manual transmission. By the way I happened to be a major contributor on another car forum for my other car and have been for many years. I have helped a lot of newbies, people who are like me on this Honda forum, who need a little information or help that can make their life easier. I never answered by "Do a search".
Thanks for the flag though

Old 11-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb I See

Maybe YOU should ask some of your newbies to do a search then.
We find that a lot of the questions Newbies ask are in the search forum, that is why we ask that question.

Some of us on here have done a lot of posting to many subjects and have spent countless hours doing so only to be asked the same question over and over again that Was in the search forum....

And your welcome on the flag I posted for you , I even have taken the time to take and individually store 60 flags to use on all the forums that I mod on so that I can send them out to New Members as a Welcome.

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Any DIY or instructions for changing transmission fuild on 2003 manual Accord?-i..angelo.jpg  
Old 11-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

As I said I did a search and did not find anything on this. By the way here is my first participation to this great site. https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ad.php?t=29248

Old 11-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Just changed the manual transmission fluid this morning. Easy job indeed, 50mns all together and taking my time. Thanks to Jim for the instructions that helped me locating the drain and fill plugs. Changing gear is still pretty tough. It is not the synchros as double clutching does not help. Wondering what that could be.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Quick update on the issue. It turned out that the problem came from a leaking slave cylinder. Since changing the MTF did not make any improvement and the clutch was not slipping I eventually suspected the clutch hydraulics circuit. A clue about a possible problem with the hydraulic was that the gear switching was very tough at start but got better after some time using the clutch. Same thing as when you have air in your brake circuit and the brake get better after pumping. I inspected master and slave cylinders last Monday and found out that the slave cylinder was leaking pretty bad. I brought the car to a nearby indy this morning pointing them to the leaking slave cylinder as the possible cause of hard shifting and Bingo! They replaced the slave cylinder and $250 later everything is fine now. With the slave cylinder replaced and the MTF I changed myself with Pennzoil Synchromesh MTF switching gears has never been that smooth. Thanks again for the DIY instructions for replacing the MTF :thumbup: