General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad shake!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Default bad shake!

ok as you all know its a 92 lx. when im braking from any speed i have a shake but at high speeds its severe. i do believe my left front rotor is warped so it could be that. i need to rebalance all my tires but that wouldnt make it so severe. also i have a clicking when i brake its very faint and i havent found the source of it but i think its coming from the left front. also, again, when i hit small bumps i hear a... clonk kinda sound. lol . i think its a tie rod or a control arm thats loose or a bushing needs to be replaced. im not sure any suggestions would help.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: bad shake!

warped rotors are the #1 cause of that. If it was suspension related, it would do it regardles of braking or not

Old 08-07-2006, 08:18 AM

the suspension and shake problems are seprate. im pretty sure the shake is from the rotor. but i need some hlep with the clonk noise that i metioned. theres more than just one question in that post.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:21 AM

get the shake taken care of first and then we can work on the clunk. That could be an axle or suspension part

Old 08-08-2006, 12:54 AM

Im willing to bet that the click/clunk you are hearing is a bad strut or strut mount, I had that problem a few months back.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:47 AM

thanks guys ill take care of what i can. i appreciate the help. ill let you know what it was when i fix it.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:07 AM

ORIGINAL: 92Inspire

ok as you all know its a 92 lx. when im braking from any speed i have a shake but at high speeds its severe. i do believe my left front rotor is warped so it could be that. i need to rebalance all my tires but that wouldnt make it so severe. also i have a clicking when i brake its very faint and i havent found the source of it but i think its coming from the left front. also, again, when i hit small bumps i hear a... clonk kinda sound. lol . i think its a tie rod or a control arm thats loose or a bushing needs to be replaced. im not sure any suggestions would help.

is the severe shake at hwy speed as you are braking also or just driving.....

If it is just while driving , you could have bad tires, bent rims and out of balance wheels,or some badly worn frt suspension parts , and yes way out of balance wheels will shake loose the filling off your teeth
sounds like you might have more than a single issue ..

as for suggestions,, my friend you needs to inspect all the frt suspension parts,,, if any are loose replace as needed and test drive the car .. chk the tires and the wheel balance chk inner and outer tie rods, chk lower and upper ball joints,