General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Brake Lamp Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Brake Lamp Monitor

Now here's a Smart , Safe person..no drink no drive I Like That...Good Mind..at least I will feel safer with you on the road...
ORIGINAL: DVan8504

ORIGINAL: lightshow

no it wont harm anything. just be careful if youre gonna get krunked tonight
Thanks, I don't drink and drive though

Old 08-05-2006, 02:30 AM

Is there more than one bulb on the 3rd brake light (the one inside the car behind the window)? Because it was lit up, but maybe there's more than one bulb. My sub could have rattled something loose back there...been playing music loud lately. :-/
Our car is a 92, and there is only one bulb. I hope yours has two, for your sake. On our car, you open the trunk and the lamp is very conveniently accessable at the inside, top, of the trunk, pretty close to the edge and directly under the light housing. It is very simple to change lamps on our car.

Good luck to you.

When you figure it out, please post what the problem was.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if all the brake lamps are on,, do as JIMBLAKE suggested ,, i have seen that happen quite a few times ,, sometimes where the bulb makes contact, gets dirty, corroded ..

Old 08-05-2006, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Tony1M

Is there more than one bulb on the 3rd brake light (the one inside the car behind the window)? Because it was lit up, but maybe there's more than one bulb. My sub could have rattled something loose back there...been playing music loud lately. :-/
Our car is a 92, and there is only one bulb. I hope yours has two, for your sake. On our car, you open the trunk and the lamp is very conveniently accessable at the inside, top, of the trunk, pretty close to the edge and directly under the light housing. It is very simple to change lamps on our car.

Good luck to you.

When you figure it out, please post what the problem was.
I will definitely let you guys know what the deal is.

Question: All of the brake lights minus the one in the window are accessible by taking off the plastic pieces attached to the trunk lid, correct?

Old 08-05-2006, 02:20 PM

Question: All of the brake lights minus the one in the window are accessible by taking off the plastic pieces attached to the trunk lid, correct?
The outer brake lights are accessed behind the trunk lining.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:31 AM

Light was off the next day I got in the car. I checked the brake fluid because the light could have also meant that I was low on that, but it was fine. I guess I just won't worry about it unless it happens again.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:55 AM

Light was off the next day I got in the car. I checked the brake fluid because the light could have also meant that I was low on that, but it was fine. I guess I just won't worry about it unless it happens again.
if the lite that comes on, is where it shows also that the door is ajar,, being low on fluid has nothing to do with that lite........

if you are low on fluid the brake lamp that will lite up is the same when you pull up on the e-brake .....

Old 08-07-2006, 07:57 AM

im glad you let him know that. some people ask me the same at our shop. no offense to anyone but some people just dont know. it never hurts to ask. there are no stupid questions.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Ruppe
Unregistered

I've got a 91 accord and the brake lamp out light comes on sporadically also. I replaced all the bulbs to with no luck. There also is a left and right light sensor in the tail light assembly. I tapped on it with the handle of a screwdriver and the light on the dash went out. The sensor is going bad. But I'll stick it out until i have no choice to replace it. Virginia inspection criteria states that all lights inside and outside of the vehicle must operate as designed and no warning lights may be on inside of the car.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda
if the lite that comes on, is where it shows also that the door is ajar,, being low on fluid has nothing to do with that lite........

if you are low on fluid the brake lamp that will lite up is the same when you pull up on the e-brake .....
I only checked because someone suggested it either on this board or the other board. And actually the manual does say that light can indicate a problem with the braking system.