General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 02:30 PM
ndorfin
Unregistered
Default A/C Question

Hello,

I havea 2007 Coupe and noticed that everytime I turn on the fan in my car it seems like the a/c is coming on, is this normal? Am I going to have to press the a/c button each time I turn on the fan to turnthe a/coff? I thought that the only time the a/c is on is if the display shows "A/C On" but is it on when the display doesn't say "on" or "off"? Basically, since it is cool these days I want to be able to turn on just my fan without the a/c coming on.

Thanks!

Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Default RE: A/C Question

I'm not sure about Honda's, but on a lot of cars, the A/C compressor will still come on even if you have the heater on full blast. It dries out the air so it doesn't fog up your windows in the car. You can turn it off by pressing the A/C button though.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:25 AM

Many cars will turn on the AC automatically in the defrost mode, this is when it is supposed to dehumidify the air inside the car, if you are not in defrost mode, then you may have a problem. It is also possible to deactivate this auto AC in defrost mode. It is listed on another web site that deals with 7th Gen and 8th Gen Accords, I am not sure if we are allowed to refer you to other forums directly by name, some Forums dont like that.

You probably have auto climate control, just an excuse for more frequent maintenance. Sorry I am not up to speed on late model cars, there arent any where I work on cars.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

You may have to go thru the owner's manual. (What is it, 299 pages now?) Maybe some sort of hidden 'default' setting buried in the auto-climate-control stuff. (I don't have auto-c-c in any of my cars.)