General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't get out of Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
bhalistix22
Unregistered
Default Can't get out of Park

Of late its has become very difficult to get out of Park. It just started all of a sudden and i have to keep pushig on the brake and trying to squeeze the button to shift.
I have a 98 accord, ex 4 cylinder.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Can't get out of Park

take a stroll to our DIY section you would be surprised the answers that you can find there

Old 10-26-2007, 06:22 AM

And quit driving it till you get it fixed.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:44 AM

I gonna go out on a limb here ....... try the horn.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:52 AM

The first page of the DIY section is a helluva resource!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:59 PM

Try changing the BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH. underneath the brake Pedal. I had the same problem till I changed that part.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:07 PM

LOL .... if it's just a fuse, changing the switch won't help. That's why I said to try the horn.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: ajluu

Try changing the BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH. underneath the brake Pedal. I had the same problem till I changed that part.
it could be the same part that you replaced ( brake switch ) and you might be 100% correct , but like falkore said ,, what if it is just a fuse ? or wiring problem ? Diagnose, Diagnose Diagnose
I strongly like to reccomend and i would prefer to see the members in this forum reccomend to do a proper DIAGNOSE before suggesting to replace parts ,
To tell someone to replace something and that does not fix the problem it would not be very cool or speak highly of this form ( giving wrong information) ,, people will be upset to have wasted their money and since they got the wrong info from this forum they might not come around again or if members already go to a different forum ....
that's what i would like to see that seperates us from other forums,, help with diagnose a problem and fix it properly the first time and not just tell members to replace parts which could be unneeded components and waste of money and time ..
There is a write up in the first page of the DIY section,, if he goes there and reads it,, he will fix the issue properly ..

Old 10-30-2007, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

Diagnose, Diagnose Diagnose
I strongly like to reccomend and i would prefer to see the members in this forum reccomend to do a proper DIAGNOSE before suggesting to replace parts ,
To tell someone to replace something and that does not fix the problem it would not be very cool or speak highly of this form ( giving wrong information) ,, people will be upset to have wasted their money and since they got the wrong info from this forum they might not come around again or if members already go to a different forum ....
that's what i would like to see that seperates us from other forums,, help with diagnose a problem and fix it properly the first time and not just tell members to replace parts which could be unneeded components and waste of money and time ..
There is a write up in the first page of the DIY section,, if he goes there and reads it,, he will fix the issue properly ..
I totally agree - with one exception: tach bounce w/slight engineshudderon a 95-97 V6 accord=put a newignition coil on it. I could never diagnose that one! Plus it's a pretty common issue in those accords.