General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:17 PM
peaty
Unregistered
Default clutch problem

ok here the issue i just replaced the clutch, pressure plate and T/O bearing. but the clutch seems to engage at the top of clutch movement. i've blead out the system a couple of times with no luck. the car is a 1990 accord DX 5 speed with 184,000 miles. i hope some of the knowledgable people here can help.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Default RE: clutch problem

My first instinct is that your clutch cable needs re-adjusted... just follow it into the engine bay and I think it's straight forward from there (If you've already done the clutch it should be easy to do)

Old 12-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

no cable on 90 and newer ,

so let me get this correct.......there is a lot of free play ?? or hardly any free play on the pedal

if a lot of play you will need to bleed the system a few more times ..i would chk to make sure that slave cylinder rod in connected on the clutch fork properly

Old 12-09-2006, 12:07 AM
peaty
Unregistered

nasty: thanks for the reply but the system is hyd.

desert: the clutch feels to engageing when my foot is almost off the pedal. is there an adjustment on the slave cylinder? im pretty sure the ball on the cylinder is in the detent. i'll check in the morning.

on a brighter side note. you guys have an awsome site. this is my first honda i've driven and worked on mostly GM's. your write ups helped me trouble shoot and fix an igniter problem i had. keep up the great work.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: peaty

nasty: thanks for the reply but the system is hyd.

desert: the clutch feels to engageing when my foot is almost off the pedal. is there an adjustment on the slave cylinder? im pretty sure the ball on the cylinder is in the detent. i'll check in the morning.

on a brighter side note. you guys have an awsome site. this is my first honda i've driven and worked on mostly GM's. your write ups helped me trouble shoot and fix an igniter problem i had. keep up the great work.
thank you for the kind words about our forum,,,,,,

there is an adjustment on the clutch master cylinder lever,, you need to loosen up the nut ( 12 mm or 14 mm ) ,, on the shaft and turn the shaft accordingly ..
now this is the last resort , i have had to do this only a couple of times ,, so first off make sure to chk all the work you did and everything is properly installed