General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compounding small problems 1991 accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Default Compounding small problems 1991 accord

Ugh, a bunch of small problems have started on my car lately. I just replaced the TCU to get rid of the "wont come out of sport mode" issue, and then the brake lights go out. None of the 3 lights work at all, so I'm wondering if its a fuse, but the previous owner didnt leave me the cover to the fuse box thats inside the car. If someone knows which fuse controls the brake lights, or can give me a link to a picture of the box cover/diagram that would be appreciated. (I've already looked around on google and cant find one) - also already looked at the little button under the dash on the brake pedal, it seems to work fine.

3 days ago everything was working fine, and the fan would blast heat no problem- now theres nothing. Wondering if the blower motor is shot or (hopefully) just a fuse, but I'm not sure where to start on that problem. Wont even defrost fwiw. Really dont want to dig out the dashboard, but if it has to be done it will be.

Any suggestions would be great!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

See this link for the both the under hood and the under dash fuse/relay boxes:

"http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2577101"

Copy and paste link without quotation marks.

Fuse for brakes may be in the under hood fuse/relay box. There is also a fuse for the blower motor relay there.

However, the blower motor relay is located in the under dash fuse/relay box.

You can check if power is going to the blower motor. If power is going to motor; but motor does not run, then it is the motor. However if no power to blower motor, then can be relay, etc. But, check fuse first.