General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling Issue Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Default Cooling Issue Question

New to the forum, but hoping someone might be able to give some idea about this issue I am having.

2007 Honda Accord EX
Appx. 110,000 miles
AZ = extreme conditions during the summer

A few weeks ago I noticed that the AC didn't seem to be blowing as cold as normal and the temp gauge started to climb. It started really getting high when accelerating, but the AC would get cold once I was driving. Found that the driver's side cooling fan was not running. I replaced the motor with a non-Honda OEM part. While it seems to be working it doesn't seem to have the same power as the original Honda motor that is still working on the passenger side cooling fan.

Drove the car for a few days and then noticed that the temp gauge started climbing while driving on the freeway. It was still fine at idle, but the AC would still get sort of humid and not cool when I was driving. This time on the freeway required me to put on the heater to get the temp to cool down so it didn't fully overheat. So I then replaced the thermostat this past weekend. It ran fine for a few days, but once again yesterday on the freeway it started climbing on the temp gauge. It was about 3/4 up the temp gauge when it normally registers just about 1/4 up from C. When I took my foot off the gas and coasted a bit it dropped quickly to about 1/2 on the temp gauge and then after a little bit it dropped a bit more, but still not to it's normal position. The AC still feels humid when idling after a bit or when stopped at a light when driving.

Any suggestions what might be going on? My next thought is waterpump and AC recharge, but thought I would check here to see what the forum has to say.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Make sure new fan is pulling air and not pushing (incorrectly wired).

Check condenser and radiator for dirt/debris. From your description, there is poor airflow or possibly a blocked radiator (internal flow blockage).

Normally, there is enough airflow due to forward speed to provide cooling for AC and engine.

good luck