General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Distributor oil problem..

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Default Distributor oil problem..

sup guys..anyway maybe some of you guys saw my other post bout my engine leak..anyway i think its coming from my distributor..cuz when i checked and touched the bottom side of my distributor and there was oil...so i replaced my distributor o-ring gasket and thought that would fix it..then the next day i checked and i still saw oil..i think its comming from the distributor cap/ cap gasket.. so i replaced the cap and cap gasket and then later that day i checked it when i was waiting for my engine to cool down..and i still saw oil comming from there...now i think that my whole distributor needs replacement...

what else can i do to verify that my distributor is already bad? or if you guys have any other guess which to replace or stuff...suggestions?

thanks..

Old 07-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Distributor oil problem..

There are seals inside the distributor. Much harder to replace but possible. See following link to instructions.

http://www.cordclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4909

good luck

Old 07-26-2008, 08:01 PM

thanks for the link bro..i think i have the same problem as them..im gonna try and do this...but first i need to get the distributor wires off..one of the distributor wires i can get it off no problem but the other one i can't seem to get it off...can any1 tell me any tricks to easily remove this? here's a pic..

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...6/s7300058.jpg

Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

These little buggers can be the devil to either release from the bracket or separate. You have to depress a plastic tab to separate either. Sometimes it helps to get a mirror and look carefully at what youneed to press. I've also had some success w/ dousing the entire connector seam w/ WD40 to loosen things up. It doesn't help that no two connectors are alike.

More practically, try to separate the connector from the bracket first. Even if you destroy the latch, you can still push it back on the bracket and it will stay in place. Try not to damage the latch on the electrical connector, although I've put a few back together w/ no latch.

good luck