General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f22b auto trans replacement issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Default f22b auto trans replacement issue

Hi-
As you can see I only have one post as of today. I can assure you that I have searched not only this forum, but others as well as google. I am on several other forums for other makes and models, and my automotive experience includes several engine/transmission swaps, suspension modifications and a little bit of everything else.

I am helping a friend with his accord even though it is my first honda to work on.
He charged a curb at 45 and punched a hole in the transmission.

This 93 auto accord has recently had its f22b replaced by his brother in-law who was going to charge him 2k to replace the transmission with one from a junkyard.

I found a low mile trans and got started. Every thing is bolted up and done, but...

the starter isnt doing anything for me. I have tried with a know working unit. and still nothing.

I cant figure it out... only other bit of information to add is that when the key is turned on D4 lights up then goes out on the center console. (something that doesn't happen on a different accord i looked at today)

any help would be greatly appreciated even if its just a link to some where that MIGHT help...

Old 08-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

The D4 light likely means that the transmission computer detected a problem. Get a piece of wire or a thin paperclip and short the blue two pin service connector behind the passenger kick panel. Turn the key to the II position (don't try to start) then count the D4 light flashes.

For instructions see: http://www.techautorepairs.com/dtc.html

Old 08-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

One more and a reach, double check that all grounds were re-connected. There is one (around the t-stat) and another below that on the back side of the tranny....and I am using memories from helping a friend with a 94 which is different than the 93. Then as another, what happens if you power the solenoid by jumping it.