General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few issues with my Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:09 PM
tc6
Unregistered
Default A few issues with my Accord

Hey guys, I've been a member for a few years now, mostly lurking, but I forgot my username and deleted the email address I used for this forum so I had to make a new account.

I've been having a few small problems with my Accord over the past few months, mainly lighting/electrical.

1) The driver side dome light only turns on when you push it, meaning that when the door opens it doesn't turn on like the passenger dome light.

2) One of the tail lights only turns on when braking. If the lights are on(driving at night) both lights work when braking(they both get brighter, normal operation.) When the lights are off, then only the central brake light and the passenger side taillight illuminate when braking.

3) The lighting underneath the letters for the gearshift only turns on sometimes.

4) Sometime when starting, I hear a whine from the ignition for a second or two. The car has never had a problem starting, it just happens sometimes I'd say 1 out of every 10 starts.

That's about it. The car is a 2004 V6 sedan, it has been well maintained and it has 84K miles on it. I have a 100K bumper to bumper warranty and as I'm approaching it I think I'll take it in soon to get everything checked out.

Does anyone know what the problems are? Are they easy fixes?

Thanks

Old 12-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

2 is easy, replace the bulb. those bulbs have two elements, one for tail lights one for braking. it is common for only half of it to fail.

3 sounds like a loose connection.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

for

1. Check the switch on the passenger door that will turn on the dome light.

2. Possible bad bulb

3. Check for a loose bulb or a bad ground around there.

4. Its hard to diagnose sounds online. Try to pinpoint the location of the sound. Maybe a bad/squeaking belt? Starter may also be a culprit.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

If a new bulb doesn't fix #2, it could be an open ground back there in the lamp cluster.