General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Crankshaft Seal

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 07:17 PM
MrRodeoCC
Unregistered
Default Front Crankshaft Seal

How hard is it to change the front crankshaft seal?My neighbor bought an 84 Accord and its leaking oil at the front seal. I've never worked on a Honda car engine but have plenty of experiance with others. Just curious if there is anything I need to do special or look out for. It looks like it can be done in the car so I'm trying to help this kid out. Pointers/suggestions?
Jody

Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Front Crankshaft Seal

you got to remove the belts, remove the crank shaft bolt , ( that might be a son of a gun ), before you start put engine on top dead center # 1 ,,remove upper and lower t-belt covers, remove the t-belt and the inner crank gear,the washer , then replace the crank seal,, while there you might want to install a new timing belt ,, when putting all back together do not forget to reinstall the t-belt retainer washer , the one just inside the lower t-belt cover ,, make sure to pay attention how those washers come out .. and do not lose the little woodruf key that goes on the crank to keep the crank pulley aligned ..