General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Furry seat fabric cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Default Furry seat fabric cleaner

I have a green accord with the furry tan fabric, I am having a har time cleaning the seats because this fabric is very reactive, it almost changes color when you move your hand tru them, sort of like a carpet. What can i use to clean these ? any ideas?

Old 11-24-2011, 02:56 PM

I rented a carpet cleaner and took them out of the car and cleaned them. It was much easier that way.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:09 PM

next? anyone?

Old 11-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jcaleno
next? anyone?
Before I sold my 2003 Tundra, I cleaned the grey velour captains seats and armrests. The fabric changed colors as you described by rubbing it in different directions. I used Turtle Wax Aerosol Upholstery and Carpet Cleaner. It is sold in a tall, red can, has a large built in brush at the spray nozzle. It worked very well...Had to do 2 applications to the armrests to get the grime out of them. It doesn't leave any odor, and didn't discolor the velour seats. Use a shopvac with a wide nozzle to remove the soiled shampoo and to even out the piling as it dries. It worked very well on the door panels and carpet. I found it at Autozone for about $6.50 for the large can. You may wish to do a test on a small area first and get the right technique before doing the rest of the car upholstery.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Administrator
Arrow

Originally Posted by bigpat
Before I sold my 2003 Tundra, I cleaned the grey velour captains seats and armrests. The fabric changed colors as you described by rubbing it in different directions. I used Turtle Wax Aerosol Upholstery and Carpet Cleaner. It is sold in a tall, red can, has a large built in brush at the spray nozzle. It worked very well...Had to do 2 applications to the armrests to get the grime out of them. It doesn't leave any odor, and didn't discolor the velour seats. Use a shopvac with a wide nozzle to remove the soiled shampoo and to even out the piling as it dries. It worked very well on the door panels and carpet. I found it at Autozone for about $6.50 for the large can. You may wish to do a test on a small area first and get the right technique before doing the rest of the car upholstery.

I've used the same product as above on suede and on thick carpeting in my house, it seems to work very well..

Old 12-08-2011, 11:55 PM

Thanks, Wax Aerosol Upholstery and Carpet Cleaner worked well