General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having a issue with my 2009 Honda Accord Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Default Having a issue with my 2009 Honda Accord Remote start

Having a issue with my 2009 Honda Accord remote start. Just recently it will not activate no more then 10 feet away, plus at times the transmitter does not show the car has started when it does start up remotely. I have changed the two batteries, and tested them to be fresh a little over 3 volts each. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen Smiokie Madd
Having a issue with my 2009 Honda Accord remote start. Just recently it will not activate no more then 10 feet away, plus at times the transmitter does not show the car has started when it does start up remotely. I have changed the two batteries, and tested them to be fresh a little over 3 volts each. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
The remote may just be warn out. They do take a bit of abuse. You can also take close look at the battery holder mounts and contacts. Make sure the contacts are clean and holding the battery snug. Check the mount points to make sure there not separating. Common problem do to dropping .

Old 11-15-2014, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dakotademon7
The remote may just be warn out. They do take a bit of abuse. You can also take close look at the battery holder mounts and contacts. Make sure the contacts are clean and holding the battery snug. Check the mount points to make sure there not separating. Common problem do to dropping .
Thank you Dakotademon7, The contacts are clean, and I pulled them up some for better contact. The strange thing is that I checked the stats of the remote, and the battery level reads only half charged but I know the bats are fully charged because I checked them with a meter. I will test again tomorrow.

I know this remote starter was covered for 36 months or 3 years, but do you know if having a Honda Care extended warranty that this remote would be covered under it, reed the contract which does not state either way?

Last edited by Stephen Smiokie Madd; 11-15-2014 at 07:57 PM.