General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight problem '98 Accord DX

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 01:35 PM

A little more progress. I checked continuity in the wire from the column light switch to the C connector of the passenger side MCU/fuse block and that's fine. I also checked from my coil ground side to the J connector which has a blu/red wire and that has no continuity so it's like that's the culprit. Next problem is to check that at the connectors I need to get the engine fuse block loose to get to the connectors on the bottom. I see one bolt on the front and maybe a bolt holding to the fire wall? Has anyone removed this fuse block, is that what I need to do?
Thanks,
Bob

Old 10-17-2017, 03:24 PM

Finally I nailed down where the problem is. The BLU/RED wire from the engine compartment fuse box to the passenger side dash fuse box is not continuous. I need to take the engine fuse box off to check from that connector to the dash. BTW a jumper from the coil side of relay 1 makes all the lights work properly so I'm sure the problem is in the wire or connector at the engine fuse box. Problem is getting that fuse box off, seems to be a bracket clip somewhere underneath, I'll start a new thread to see if anyone knows how to get that off.
Bob