General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help Me (Recall # R89 SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Exclamation Help Me (Recall # R89 SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING)

Help me, please.
I have bought accord coupe 2.4, 2008
VIN 1HGCS12778A020471
Now the car in Russia.
On this car was Recall # R89 SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING
I don't know failure has been eliminated.
The local branch Honda motor co couldn't help, because the car wasn't delivered to Russia officially.
1. Whether whether it is possible to learn this failure was eliminated?
2. It is possible to buy/download the software for updating automatic transmission control module?

Excuse for bad English

Alex

Old 12-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

This is a fairly serious problem to repair, if the repair is required. You might drive this car for years w/o problems. cut/paste following link into your browser:

"http://repairpal.com/honda-accord-recall-11v395000

It's difficult to understand how software could prevent the problem. Only Honda dealer is authorized to update your vehicles software.

You could establish your ownership of the car at Honda website and they will advise if the vehicle requires the software update.

good lcuk

Old 06-10-2015, 08:44 PM

NHTSA RECALL NUMBER: 11V-395 (SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING) Software upgrade.

I recently bought a 2007 Accord Coupe (2.4L engine/128K miles) about a month ago. Had the software upgrade to the tranny by local Honda dealership. I now notice that at roughly 30 mph going uphill that the tranny "hesitates" downshifting with cruise on or off. I'm just wondering IF this is normal. I have talked with the service advisor a few times and he "looks" at me like I don't know what I'm talking about or who am I to even question it .... I don't get a warm and fuzzy when dealing with him. He even told me that I shouldn't have cruise on going uphill anyways! He had no idea what the upgrade was even doing or why it was needed! I had to call Honda directly, online support, to get some answers. They said that they have no record of any such "hesitation" after the upgrade was performed. I'm asking this forum IF anyone has had a similar problem. Thanks

Old 06-11-2015, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Flex(31)
Help me, please.
I have bought accord coupe 2.4, 2008
VIN 1HGCS12778A020471
Now the car in Russia.
On this car was Recall # R89 SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING
I don't know failure has been eliminated.
The local branch Honda motor co couldn't help, because the car wasn't delivered to Russia officially.
1. Whether whether it is possible to learn this failure was eliminated?
2. It is possible to buy/download the software for updating automatic transmission control module?

Excuse for bad English

Alex

Check Honda Accord Recall here in the United States Recall Information for Safety & Defects | Honda Owners Site based on your VIN #, has the Recall # R89 Secondary Shaft Bearing as an open recall ... recall was NOT performed.

RECALL STATUS:Recall INCOMPLETE

I hope that this helps you
Gizmo

Old 06-16-2015, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
This is a fairly serious problem to repair, if the repair is required. You might drive this car for years w/o problems. cut/paste following link into your browser:

"http://repairpal.com/honda-accord-recall-11v395000

It's difficult to understand how software could prevent the problem. Only Honda dealer is authorized to update your vehicles software.

You could establish your ownership of the car at Honda website and they will advise if the vehicle requires the software update.

good lcuk
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Check Honda Accord Recall here in the United States Recall Information for Safety & Defects | Honda Owners Site based on your VIN #, has the Recall # R89 Secondary Shaft Bearing as an open recall ... recall was NOT performed.

RECALL STATUS:Recall INCOMPLETE

I hope that this helps you
Gizmo
Thanks for the advice. During the three years of ownership was not a problem.