General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help with wife's 2008 Accord coupe A/C

Old 09-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Default Help with wife's 2008 Accord coupe A/C

Below is what my wife says. Can anybody help?

My car made that noise (Clicking noise. Not very loud. Semi rapid when it does it) again this morning:

A. It is definitely the air conditioner. Appears to be the left hand side
B. It only happens when you turn the air conditioner low (I turned it down to 68 it started doing it – turned it back up to 70 and it stopped)
C. It appears to only happen in the morning. I don’t think I have heard it in the afternoons at all.
D. It appears to only happen when humidity is higher. The other two or three times I have heard it in the morning it was really humid. Humidity is not that bad this morning but still at 75 to 80%.

That is all I know if you want to do some research. It is almost like there is something that swells in the humidity and that is what causes it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

FYI- My Mustang's A/C actuator gear (moves air from top to bottom depending on temp) lost some teeth and had to be replaced (sounded like someone knocking on a door...loud) but it was in the middle of the dash.

Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

See if there are any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).

1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), and then to ON (III).
2. Press and hold the OFF button, then within 10 seconds press and release the REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER/MIRROR DEFOGGER button five times. Release the OFF button; then the self-diagnostic begins.
· The blower motor will run at various speeds regardless of what the panel is displaying.
· If there is a problem with the system, the temperature indicator flashes 88, and the A/C ON indicator or the AUTO indicator (or both) also flashes. Segments in the temperature indicator then indicate which DTCs are present.
· If there is more than one DTC, they are displayed one at a time in sequence followed by a pause (all the display indicator segments illuminate) between the DTCs.
· If there are no problems detected, the segments will not illuminate, and the system will appear to be turned off.

3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to cancel the self-diagnostic function. After completing repair work, run the self-diagnostic again to make sure there are no more DTCs.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Old 09-18-2013, 07:36 AM

thanks so much.

No DTC codes but i'll run through all the steps mentioned tonight.

FYI- This is a good forum, like the one i use for my car: Allfordmustangs. People help quick! I posted earlier in another Honda forum and nothing from them.