General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How dangerous is a broken front motor mount?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Yangster
Unregistered
Default How dangerous is a broken front motor mount?

Subject says it all, its the motor mount by the radiator I think. Is it a big problem or can I just ignore it?

Old 09-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Default RE: How dangerous is a broken front motor mount?

well i imagine it causes some vibration? if so it can lead to the weaking of the rest of the mounts, so it might be something you should get fixed. thats just my opinion

Old 09-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Fenix

well i imagine it causes some vibration? if so it can lead to the weaking of the rest of the mounts, so it might be something you should get fixed. thats just my opinion
Pretty good opinion in my opinion.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:19 PM

I agree with Fenix. I was being a good samritan one time and stopped to help a stranded motorist. The hood was open on his mazda sedan and he was looking down in it as if to figure it out. His engine had broken all mounts and then fallen down into the subframe. Hoses had popped off and I think he did a good grind job on the bottom of his oil pan. He said he felt a different vibration about two weeks ago and hadn't had time to get it to the shop. Then he was just driving and then clunk, everything else let go. Also, I could be wrong about this so I'm gonna through it out there and I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will let me know, fresh mounts allow better transfer of power. I have seen a lot of solid aluminum engine mounts for sale which keep the engine from moving at all, better transfer of power I assume.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:28 PM

Hi,
Just replaced all 4 mounts in my car. Bought them at napa after trouble with ebay mounts. . This was a big help for my car (rough idle). Suggest you change yours... Ken