General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Idiot Car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Default This Idiot Car!

I don't know how it happened, but when we started to the '05 Honda Accord Hybrid this a.m. to take my wife to an important doctor's appointment, I found the trunk lid up, and the lousy battery dead as a hammer!

When we were done yesterday, as always, I clicked the transmitter to lock all doors, and it did. That trunk lid was NOT up.

Would there possibly be something shorting out to have caused the lid to release? Apparently, the bulb burned all night, and it ran the battery down OR could a short have raised the lid AND ran the battery down? I don't need this happening anymore. It is still in warranty. Could a cell phone operate ona close frequency to that of the remote transmitter?

Old 01-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Default RE: This Idiot Car!

No car transmitter that I'm aware of operates anywhere close to a cell phone frequency the FCC wouldn't allow it. Even a garage door opener is on a different band.... This may sound like a strange question but I'm sure you'll see where I'm going with it.... Where did you leave the keys and do you have any pets?

Take the car home, lock all the doors and place your keys in a cupboard where no one is going to touch them or bump them accidentally or on purpose and see if it does it again. That way you can rule out it being anything other than the car itself. If you still have the issue just take it to the dealership and leave it with them...

Old 01-24-2008, 07:15 PM

i agree. it's most likely from accidental fob usage.

the trunk latch has a switch in it that turns on the trunk light. you'd have a dead battery all the time if that switch was faulty. this won't cause the trunk to open.

the multiplex is what supplies power to the trunk release solenoid. the only time is does this is from the key fob signal.

finally, someone might have used the trunk release safety feature if they were locked in the trunk to get out! next time kill them BEFORE you put them in the trunk silly!

Old 01-25-2008, 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: HondatechAV6
next time kill them BEFORE you put them in the trunk silly!
^x2.Plusall that banging around in the trunk gets annoying.....