General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm having a big problem here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 AM
Exclamation I'm having a big problem here!!!

Today I installed an Air/Fuel ratio gauge in my car (cause a friend of mine didn't want it anymore and just gave it to me), but anyways, when I was finished installing it, all of a sudden my radio stopped working and my windows won't roll up or down, my charging port isn't working anymore and my electric seats don't work anymore either. Is there something that I can do besides changing fuses, because I already checked them all this evening.

Thank you for any help that you can provide me,
David Green

Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Moved your post for better attention and correct forum.

Fuses in underdash panel control radio and cigarette lighter socket. Have you checked these fuses?

Otherwise check your work, as you must have cut a key wire.

good luck

Old 01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Ouch, I hope you had the battery disconnected when doing this?

What did you tie into for power.....I'm worried the multiplex got, well fried. There are two under dash fuse panels (driver and pass side) and some of these items not working are controlled by either side. Then don't forget the under hoodfuse panel.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:30 AM

Well everything works but the radio and the cigarette lighter, and the fuse for those two things were on the other side of the car from where I was working. I checked all the wiring and everything, nothing seemed to have gotten toasted except the O2 sensor itself. My car started acting up horribly bad today, so I went up to AutoZone to have them check it with their OBD-II scan tool and it said that I had one O2 sensor that could be faulty or loose or who knows what really and then I have three transmission solenoids that are apparently causing all of the rough driving and shifting conditions. It's just weird that, all of that would happen the day I put in a stupid little gauge! So my parents are blaming me for the car troubles and are on a yelling spree last night, so that was fun. Thanks for all of your guys help, when it gets brighter around here I will take some close up pics of exactly what and how I did it. Hopefully that will help somebody pinpoint the problem. I really think that it's a relay, cause one that goes in the engine bay doesn't work anymore! So I am praying that that is the cause of the radio and cigarette lighter problem.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

See if this helps.....Drivers side #8 and pass side #9 fuses. Then yes, the relay.

Attached Thumbnails I'm having a big problem here!!!-6th-gen-radio-power.jpg