General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Default Intake

I've been looking around on the forums and through Google, but I can't find a step-by-step guide on installing an SRI. Everyone says it's easy, but before I start touching my car, I'd like to have researched how to do it. Does anyone know where I can get an instruction manual or something with pictures? I have an 00 V6 Accord in case you guys would like to know.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Default RE: Intake

honestly man, its truly hella easy. start by opening your hood, take the intake off where it connects to the intake manifold, and disconnect it from where it connectd to the stock intake box, there is a few bolts holding the intake box in, you will need to get underneith the car and remove the plastic splash guard in the front of the wheel well to get to them. once all that is done the easy part is installing the sri

personally I always learn by taking stuff apart, sometimes i take off more than what i needed to to get at something.. but it can always be put back together

Old 03-13-2008, 10:54 AM

From the DIY section: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/Gen...m_64674/tm.htm

If you click on that link, you need to go here for theintake install: http://filtsai.com/accord/AEM-CAI/index.php
The link I posted is actually for a CAI, butSRI installation is even easier since you do not have to remove the resonator box. You can skip that step in the installation process shown in the link.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:43 PM

Thanks a bunch for the link. It's alot of help!

I have a small problem, though. Ok, it's not small, it's pretty big. The filter I ordered off of K&N does not fit the pipe I ordered off of eBay. Is there any way I can fix this? I went to AutoZone, and they told me to try and get the pipe and filter flush and then fit a urethane connector around them and clamp them down. The only problem with this (I'm thinking) is that since the filter opening is rubber, after alot of driving and ricketing around, the filter might slip off and fall out from under the car. Should I be afraid of this? If this could be a problem, what do you guys suggest doing, short of returning the filter and asking to get a wider one (I don't like this option, because it will take me another 2 to 3 weeks to send and get the part).

Also, my piping I ordered does not include a way for me to connect the actual pipe to the engine bay. All it gives me are those two metal pieces with the holes you see in the bottom of the picture. How do I connect those together or get them to work, or do I even need them at all (will the intake hold itself up)? Does it require welding at all? Does anyone have pictures of their finished intakes close-up that I could see? Please help me guys.

http://images.marketworks.com/hi/56/...rd_coldair.jpg