General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left fog light blew out every 2 days

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Default Left fog light blew out every 2 days

Honda Accord Sedan 07

Recently, my LEFT fog light has stopped working. I have a 6k HID kit h11 bulb for my fogs. I have no idea why it stopped working all of a sudden. When I first installed the hid kit for my fogs, it worked really well for a good 3 weeks but now, the left fog decided to stop working, the right one still works. Furthermore, my cigarette charger stopped charging too. So yesterday, unhappy with the unfortunate events that happened with my accord, I decided to check out why my cigarette charger stopped working. After 30 minutes of research, I learned that the fuse might be responsible for this. So, I looked for the cigarette lighter fuse which is called (FRONT ACCESSORY) and what do you know....it was blown. I replaced the fuse and it works again....and guess what???? my left fog light started working again too!!!! THEN after a day, it stopped working. I checked the fuse once more and you guessed it, it was blown!!! (only after a day!) . I'm thinking that the left fog light and my cigarette lighter wires are connected? I don't know. Please help. The fuse for the cigarette lighter is 15a. I also checked the fuse for my fog lights, it's fine.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

You will have to find a wiring diagram for your car, because there are probably many items on that circuit. You might want to take out the fuse for the fog lights to remove them from the circuit. See if using the cigarette lighter or anything else electrical blows the fuse.

Its weird that only one fog light will turn off when the fuse blows. Were the fog lights installed at the factory, or are they aftermarket?

Old 09-26-2009, 05:59 PM

it was factory =/ ....sigh....i want to take it to the dealership but seeing that I installed HID...iono if they will fix it ....

Old 09-26-2009, 07:48 PM

ok i know this is going to sound wierd but look in the bottom of the cigarette lighter and see if there is a penny or some other coin in the bottom of it. if there is its shorting out everything on that circuit. if there isnt then u probably have a wire somewhere near the ballast that has rubbed raw and grounding out......but u might want to have the ballast checked out anyway. just a thought

Last edited by o CRA5H o; 09-28-2009 at 03:37 PM.