General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Main wire harness Diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Default Main wire harness Diagrams

Ola again...

Can anyone find, or have a diagram of the Main wire harness and what each wire is?

I have a frayed wire burnt to hell runnin through it, I thought it went to stereo, but i was wrong... It goes to behind where stereo is, but its cut, frayed and short... someone at some point in time disconected it...

Sometimes when I move the stereo harness it creates a short and my dash light fuse will blow.. so Im trying to figure out whatever I can figure out about it before i go cutting it away...

thanks guys!

Old 01-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Remind me again, what year Accord are we talking about?

The problem with the factory service manuals for some of the older generation Hondas, is that they did not always group everything by each wire harness. The service manuals for newer Hondas does list by each wire harness in a very concise way.

Which fuse number is blowing (for example No.1 (XX Amps), etc. and even though the wire is burnt, is there some coloring left on a tail end of the wire? That way, we can try to narrow the circuit being protected by the fuse.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:47 AM

yea i didnt think to add year of car... sheesh!

Its a 90 accord.

No fuse blown now... but frayed wire in main harness under dash. Wanna see what its for... Red with black stripe. It goes behind radio grouping, but is not part of the radio...

Old 01-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

The red/black wire appears to be principally the interior lights circuit. The circuit runs from the combination light switch to all the interior lights, front position lights, taillights and license plate lights.

Attached Thumbnails Main wire harness Diagrams-red-blk-wire-circuit.jpg  
Old 01-26-2011, 10:31 AM

dude, awesome... i reallllly appreeciate it!!

all interior works.... all exterior works...

only thing im having issues with is the turn signals show both blinking on inside, but the work fine and normal on outside

oil light is a random too.. sometimes blinks for a minute.. goes away for days... sometimes will barely blink with 4way flashers.... as i have a paper route and flashers going all night, makes me curious... pressure switch, or just wiring issue... no oil lost or leaking anywhere, and runs like a champ