General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

needing help with multiplex control unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Does this have the "auto off", meaning would the headlights turn off after "some" period of time on their own? Again, more options change which diagram(s) are involved. I'd like to go for one thing (tail lights) first, if we solve that I bet the rest come along with it

Sorry for all of the dumb questions but these "options" have a direct impact on testing what might be wrong......and I'm slow

Last, I've got/can get your e-mail (one perk of being a mod ). And members can e-mail each other if your settings allow. For now I'd rather do this here/in the forum as it might help someone in the future who searches for an answer.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:29 PM

Hey Thatguy
Maybe I can help with sending you schematics. Let me know what you need.
I have the Haynes manual and I also have the dealer repair manual in PDF format. I can probably scan and email to you if you like. Just let me know what you want.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Poorman do uu have anything telling what pins to do a pin out test on

Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

For different pieces of the multiplex, yes. I keep asking the dumb questions because if you have a US model WITHOUT "auto off" the mulitplex IS NOT part of the tail lights.....at least a part that would prevent them from working.

In the pic's you can see, one has and "input" to the multi-in the other it is an "output".......

Attached Thumbnails needing help with multiplex control unit-6th-gen-light-cir-no-auto-off.jpg   needing help with multiplex control unit-6th-gen-light-cir-auto-off.jpg  

Last edited by poorman212; 02-22-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ok i stopped by the dealer the other day to get a pin out test for the multiplex system just to make sure it is working. have yet to test that after doing alot of reading in the manuel here is what i have concluded that usa and canada models both have a auto shut off feature if lights are left on when you leave the car as a just in case it is controled by the multiplex system. I am sure that you know that the multiplex has to phases awake and asleep in the sleep mode the draw of the multiplex is next to zero and no comunication of the different multiplex units are active. Once and component a multplex unit controls is used then the corresponding unit wakes up and wakes up all other units in the system. now wtih the lights i have in the circuit for the tail lights all of the following a tail light, switch, relay, and fuse, and of coarse wires. here is what is the known good tail light, fuse and switch. so only thing left is the relay being i cant find anyone that can tell me the exact location of the the relay iam making sure that the driver multiplex is not staying in sleep mode. reason being the thed multipex is what does the switch on signal to the relay for it to operate tail lights. if my switch is seending the signal to the unit and its stuck in sleep mode it wont switch the relay. and being i have multiple things that are all controled by the ame unit i need to test it. its either the multiplex unit witch cost 302 plus tax or the relay cost 15 plus tax. and i have a feeling that this relay controles parking and dash lights. Thats why when i sent my dash power through the power probe it light up the dash and dimmes radio and did what should happen when switch is turned to parking. hope that all comes out right and is understandable my brain works weird some times..... thanks for the help so far though

Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Does this help?

Attached Thumbnails needing help with multiplex control unit-6th-gen-dash-relay.jpg