General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leak... oil pan gasket... Hopefully?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, if you get stuck anywhere let us know. The last time I did this was with the oldest in Sept so it is still fresh in my mind....Again, the crank bolt is going to be the hard thing (got an air impact and it comes right out, you are golden), from there take your time and follow the procedure (see the Common DIY Threads at the top of this section for a manual you can download).

So once the crank bolt it out. The only other "speical" tools that will help, a pry bar with a square stock (round will slip off the crank snout-you'll know once you get there)....this will help get the tension off the idler. If you are going for the oil pump o-rings (inner really) an impact driver will help to get the three phillips screws out.

Again, if you get stuck, lets us know as we might have a trick/tip or two.

If it was DC or city (Washington NC), I would have offered to help....both about a 2 1/2~3 hour drive but have all the tools needed.

Ony pic I got was this one....the boy was proud of the "lean to" he built-it was raining when we started.......hey and I see it has the four 3rd gens and just a "tad" of the Chevelle...not sure where the 95 and Pilot was.

Attached Thumbnails Oil leak... oil pan gasket... Hopefully?-dscn8369.jpg